When your loved one or someone close to you has been put in jail, the trauma you go through is unexplainable. The only thing that wanders in your mind at that time would be to some how release them from the prison. Thus, in a hurry to get bail from the court, most of us would approach a bail bonds agency if the bail amount is unaffordable.
How does a bail bond company functions?
- Once a relative or a friend of the suspect visits a bail bond service, the company will appoint a bail bondsman or agent for the person.
- The bail bondsman will collect information regarding the case and suspect from the person who have approached the agency and confirms it from other sources as well.
- Then, the bail bondsman will underwrite an agreement, guaranteeing the court that the bail amount will be paid by the agency if the defendant fails to appear for the trial.
- Considering this promise, the court will release the suspect for a certain period before the trial.
- In return, the defendant or whoever signs the agreement with the agency, shall give ten percent of the bail amount to the company.
- If someone fails to do so, the company will send bounty hunters who will chase and arrest him or her.
Selecting an appropriate bail bond agency is very essential, as you want to release your beloved ones as early as possible, without any complications. There can be numerous agencies that call you up once the case reaches the court, but you never know which one is better. Here are some ways by which you can decide which the best one among them is:
- Ensuring the agency has no history of claims against them for any reason, either by calling up the Better Business Bureau or checking on their website.
- Make sure the agency down payment is affordable. Discuss about it with the agent, and if the down payment is too high, go for alternatives.
- Consider suggestions and recommendations from people who had been in Jail or whose relatives or friends were under trial and had approached a bail bond service.
- Availability is another important aspect that should be taken care of, while selecting a bail bond agency. If the agency is too far from your locality, then release of the suspect may also get delayed.
- Select professional bondsman who has more experience in the field and have good knowledge about the laws.
- The certification of bondsman can be confirmed by checking his or her license, which should not be more than two years old.
- Examine the bail bond agreement carefully, before you sign it.
- Confirm the address of the company, before you head to their office.
There are numerous bail bond services in and around San Diego. In order to find bail bonds in San Diego you need to carry out a little research.
If you realise that the bail bond agency you found or have been calling you does not satisfies the above guidelines, then go for other reputed companies, as you can’t risk your time and money in some fake or unlicensed agencies. You need to ensure the credibility of the agency before you sign the bond.
The outcomes are always the effect of your choices. So, decide on a right option and success will follow you.