A lot of people believe in mugging up chemistry equations, symbols, formula and other concepts to ace chemistry board exams. This is completely wrong and an ineffective way of learning. By practicing this method, students are not going to gain anything. Chemistry is a subject which requires the student’s hard work and efforts. This is a hard subject but can be made interesting and easy by paying more attention during the class hours, studying all the concepts on a regular basis and lots of practice.
There are certain strategies which should be followed by every student to score well in chemistry exams. Here are a few of them.
- Practice elements names, symbols, examples, important points, reactions and other exercise questions from the NCERT textbooks.
- Prepare an effective study timetable and plan accordingly. Always start the preparations with easy and interesting topics.
- Never skip solving the questions which are present at the end of each chapter. As there are more chances of these questions to appear in the exam paper.
- Concentrate more on those topics having highest weightage in marks distribution, such as Chemical Equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Solutions, etc.
- Gather all the study materials before starting the preparations. Stay focused towards your preparations and have a positive thought towards your preparations.
- The best way to ace the Chemistry exam is by practicing more previous years’ question papers. It helps students to improve their time management along with understanding the question paper pattern.
- Make a list of all important terms, formulae, IUPAC names of compounds, etc. in a sheet of paper and keep on revising it in your leisure time.
Refer more important chemistry YouTube videos available on our BYJU’S website. These videos are prepared by our subject experts and help students to understand every complex concept more clearly and quickly. These videos are available for all the topics like Mole Concept , chemical bonding and lot more.
All the best.
Hope these tips will be quite useful to score well in your chemistry exams. For more tips and tricks to crack the exam, subscribe to our BYJU’S YouTube Channel.