Family health insurance aka family floater policy is one where several members of a single family can be covered paying a single premium in a year. It works out to be more cost-effective than taking individual policies separately in the name of family members. Most health insurance companies in India offer family health insurance.
There are several family floater plans from leading insurers with a variety of benefits. Some of the plans are:
Oriental General Insurance – Happy Family Floater
The key features of this Happy Family Floater plan:
- The Happy family Floater from Oriental General Insurance, is for the entire family it includes cover for Self, Spouse, Children, Parents, and Parents in Laws.
- They have 2 variants for the Happy Family Floater, and are available in Gold and Silver.
- The policy offers daily hospital cash benefit, as per the Gold variant and will have a limit of 0.1% of the sum assured or maximum of 10 days.
- An attendant allowance will be provided under the gold scheme, if the child below 10 years is admitted. Rs. 500 per day will be paid to a maximum of 10 days.
- Ambulance services are also covered under both variants, Silver – Rs. 1000/- or 1% of the sum insured; Gold – Rs. 2000/- or 1% of the sum insured.
Apollo Munich – Optima Restore:
The key features of this Optima Restore family health insurance are:
- Pre and post-hospitalization is covered under this policy, the pre-hospitalization is covered for 60 days prior and post hospitalization is covered up to 180 days.
- In-patient care is provided for 24 hours and above, this also provides cover for medical expenses for all day care processes which is less than 24 hours.
- The policy covers treatment of organ transplant for the donor, in the time an organ transplant is needed.
- Cover for ambulance charges in case of emergency Up to Rs. 2000
- A lump sum amount for choosing shared accommodation, in network hospitals.
Max Bupa – Heartbeat Family First (Gold):
The key features of this Heartbeat Family First (Gold) are:
- The costs of medical treatment while any of the insured individuals are admitted in the in-patient care.
- Both pre and post hospitalization is covered under this policy, the pre-hospitalization is covered for 30 days prior to you getting admitted, and post hospitalization is covered up to 60 days after discharge.
- Maternity Benefits are covered under this plan as well as the new-born. The new-born is covered as an insured member of the family without the need of extra premium.
- Vaccination expenses for the new-born are covered under this plan.
- This plan doesn’t have an age limit, all family members are covered irrespective of age.
- Cashless facility is offered within 4 hours at any of the network hospitals.
ICICI Lombard – Complete Health Insurance:
The key features of this completefamily health Insurance are:
- There’s no maximum entry age for this plan, and the insured will not require going through medical tests if they are below the age of 46 years.
- This policy will be for the whole family from children to parents. At least 1 proposer should be over the age of 18 years when purchasing this policy.
- The policy covers expenses like inpatient hospitalization for 24 hours and above including medicine and drugs costs, surgeon fees, room charges etc.
- Both pre and post hospitalization is under this policy, the pre-hospitalization will be covered for 30 days prior and post hospitalization will be covered up to 60 days.
- Cashless facility is available in over 4000 partner hospitals.
Bajaj Allianz – Family Health Guard:
The key features of this Family Health Guard are:
- With this policy Family Health Guard, both pre and post hospitalization is covered under this policy, the pre-hospitalization is covered for 60 days prior and post hospitalization is covered up to 90 days.
- All expenses are reimbursed at the time of being admitted in the in-patient care, includes room rates, all medical consumable products, medical procedures, etc.
- Up to Rs. 1000/- as ambulance charges in case of emergencies.
- Medical Check-up for a continuous 4 years for the whole family.
With numerous choices to pamper you, as a consumer, there’s perfect sense in picking the one that will provide you with not just a meager health policy but an all-inclusive package. Unless you’re super-rich, it’s high time you should consider investing in a good family health insurance.