First or not- buying a guitar is always a fun thing to do, what with all the excitement that comes from the thought of having a new guitar in your hands soon! As much as the process is fun, it is also a big decision that needs to be taken while considering few factors. Let’s ease the decision by taking you through a few points to consider while buying a brand new guitar
1. Reason for looking for a new guitar: This is the first point you need to pay heed to! Since you’re on the lookout for a new guitar, there may have been dissatisfaction with a previous one. Take note of all the cons of your previous guitar, so when you buy a new one you know exactly what you want.
2. Price range: How much are you willing to spend on the new guitar? Figuring this out will save you loads of time because you would have already filtered out the guitars that don’t fit your budget or are too cheap. A beginner’s guitar should begin from somewhere around $60.
3. Guitar type: This is one of the primary questions that arise when you are on the hunt for a new instrument for your online guitar lessons. As an experienced musician you would have this question clear in your mind, but as a beginner it may have you stumped. Want to shred some Slash? Go for an electric! Stuck to the tune of James Taylor? Pick an acoustic! Choosing the right type of instrument will definitely help you during your guitar lessons Los Angeles classes.
4. Body type: Bigger body, shallow, or rounded back- whatever it is that you may prefer, your guitar hunt will clearly depend on this. We think comfort is the chief factor that makes a guitar enjoyable to play, so we suggest you try out different styles to pick the one that give you the right feels.
5. Mode of shopping: Buying stuff on the internet can be convenient and enjoyable, yet we believe that buying a guitar is best done live! A good store’s employees will assist you in making the right selection. Also, it is important to get a live demo on the guitar so as to check its compatibility with your playing style and holding.
6. Brand: Going for a top brand seems like the best thing to do, especially when you’ve heard so much about the likes of Taylor and Fender. While a top brand may be good choice for an experienced guitarist, if you are a beginner you might want to consider saving some bucks by buying a cheaper guitar. Don’t worry, you can eventually move on to the big names once you are practiced!
With those tips, we are certain that you will have made the right choice in picking your ideal guitar. And with that comes the learning part. For availing online guitar lessons and beginner’s guitar lessons Los Angeles you can consider many options. While enrolling at a guitar academy is the preferred choice, it is always best to go for live guitar sessions if you do not have ample time. With Take Sessions, you can easily book your guitar lessons Los Angeles and have the best guitar instructors at your doorstep!